Description: Hospice and Home Care of Juneau (HHCJ) is a division of Catholic Community Service. When referred by a physician, patients can receive a variety of health care services at home through HHCJ.
Home Health — qualified home health patients are homebound, often recovering from surgery, injury, cardiac problems or stroke in their own home. An interdisciplinary team provides services including nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, and medical social work, in conjunction with personal care, when needed, delivered by Certified Nurse Aides.
Hospice – care and support for patients at end-of-life, provided in their own home. Hospice provides medical services (pain management and symptom control), emotional support, and spiritual resources for people who are in the last stages of a terminal illness, with the goal of keeping the patient comfortable and improving their quality of life. Hospice care also helps family members and/or caregivers manage the practical details and emotional challenges of caring for a dying loved one. Services provided regardless of ability to pay.
Grief & Bereavement Support – bereavement support for individuals, families and communities coping with the effect of a life-limiting illness, death and grief, including grief counseling, support groups, and remembrance gatherings.
Location: 1803 Glacier Highway, Juneau, AK 99801
Contact: (907) 463-6111
For the most current information, visit their website at: https://www.ccsjuneau.org/hospice–home-care-of-juneau.html (Updated 8/19)
Description: The Juneau Pioneer Home was completed in 1988 and is currently home to 45 Alaskan seniors. The home is nestled in the wetlands along Juneau’s Egan Drive and has breathtaking views of nearby mountains and the Gastineau Channel. Living in the heart of a true wilderness provides residents the opportunity to view wildlife such as brown bears, eagles, ravens, blue herons, kingfishers, porcupines, deer, and squirrels.
The home’s four long hallways have been setup in small neighborhoods that act as mini-communities. Each community is supported by a team made up of residents, caregivers, support staff, family members, friends and volunteers. The team members sustain each other and individuals are encouraged to be creative in the development of a caring, loving home. The neighborhood concept is instrumental in building an atmosphere where loved ones who have dementia can feel safe and appreciated.
Location: 4675 Glacier Hwy., Juneau, AK 99801-9518
Contact: (907) 780-6422
Description: Southeast Senior Services is a division of Catholic Community Service. Southeast Senior Services offers a range of Home and Community-Based (HCB) services designed to promote the health, safety and independence of senior citizens:
- Senior Centers provide a wide range of programs and activities for adults 60 years and older including congregate meals, transportation, activities and education programs, along with access to case management. Senior centers in: Juneau, Yakutat, Haines, Skagway, Hoonah, Angoon, Sitka, Wrangell, Kake, Craig/Klawock, and Ketchikan
- Congregate Meals — Nutritious Meals at the Senior Centers for persons age 60 and older
- Meals on Wheels – home delivered meals for homebound seniors recovering from surgery or illness, or who are homebound due to health or disability in communities with Senior Centers
- Transportation Services providing door-to-door accessible transportation for seniors and persons with disabilities in communities with Senior Centers
- Case Management and Service Coordination to assess senior’s needs, determine eligibility for programs and benefits, and secure and monitor services in the home and community to help seniors living independently
- Health Promotion Activities including tai chi classes, blood pressure checks, flu shots, health fairs and support groups
- Adult Day Program (The Bridge), providing a safe and therapeutic setting for seniors with special needs including Alzheimer’s and other dementias located in Juneau
- Gatekeeper Program to identify isolated seniors and connect them with critical senior services
- In-Home Counseling for seniors and their family members
- Senior and Caregiver Resource Center for older Alaskans and their caregivers providing information and help to access services, and support through the process
Location: 419 6th Street Juneau, AK 99801
Contact: (907) 463-6192
For the most current information, visit their website at: www.ccsjuneau.org
Our Mission: To provide leadership in care by encouraging continued growth of the human spirit within an ever-changing community.
Our Vision: To be recognized as a leader in providing health care in our community by improving the quality of life for the elderly and chronically disabled.
Our Values: We believe that each resident deserves the respect, affection and attention we would want for ourselves. It is the Golden Rule in practice each and every day.
Location: 2000 Salmon Creek Lane Juneau, Alaska 9980