Description: Juneau Youth Services began operations in 1961. They provide a full array of emergency, assessment/out-patient, school-based and residential services for children and youth ages 3 through 21, who have mental health and/or substance use issues. A summary of their services is provided below:
Cornerstone Emergency and Transition Services
- Cornerstone Shelter (789-7654)
- Overnight shelter for youth ages 10 to 19 who need a time out or safe place to stay.
- Skill development and therapy services.
- Transitional Living Program (523-6688)
- Transitional living apartments for youth ages 16 to 21.
- Skill development and therapy.
Assessment and Outpatient Programs (789-4733)
- Assessment Center Services
- Comprehensive assessments addressing mental health and substance abuse.
- Psychiatric assessments and medication management.
- Substance Use Program
- Outpatient counseling services for youth with alcohol and drug use problems
- Family Outpatient Program
- Individual and family therapy for youth with mental health concerns.
- In-class support as well as before/after-school skill development and therapy services.
- Services available in most elementary and middle schools.
- Walk-in counseling available to high school students through the Teen Health Center.
Long-term Residential Programs
- Montana Creek
- 15 bed program for boys ages 12 to 18 with behavioral and/or substance use problems.
- 15 bed program for girls ages 12 to 18 with behavioral and/or substance use problems.
Contact: (907) 789-7610
For the most current information, visit their website at: www.jys.org (Updated 6/19)
Description: SEARHC Behavioral Health Services offers a wide range of behavioral health services with psychiatrists, clinical psychologists and behavioral health therapists on staff. Behavioral health services include:
- Children’s services
- Individual, couples, and family therapy
- Psychiatric assessments and medication management
- Tele-behavioral health outreach services to outlying communities
- Individual treatment for psychological trauma
- Neurodevelopmental assessment and treatment for individuals with fetal alcohol conditions, autistic spectrum disorders, and speech/language or occupational therapy conditions that affect development
- Residential substance abuse treatment programs
- Substance abuse counseling and prevention services
- Behavioral health counseling and prevention services
Location: 1046 Salmon Creek Lane, Juneau AK 99801
Hours: Mon-Fri 8am-5pm
Contact: (907) 364-4445
For the most current information, visit their website at: www.searhc.org
Location: UAS Campus, Mourant Bldg 1st Floor – 11066 Auke Lake Way, Juneau, AK 99801
Phone: (907) 796-6000 (Appointments)
Serves: Students registered for a UAS class.